We are seeking a full time Trainee Framer to join our team in Northampton. We will provide the training needed and this job description is what you will be working to fairly quickly.
- measuring, cutting and assembling frames using a Morso guillotine and an underpinner
- finishing the corners
- cutting the board, glass and styrene and assembling frames
- framing prints to a high standard
- packing frames for wholesale and individual orders
- helping keep track of stock and what needs ordering
- helping in the workshop with other tasks when necessary - particularly sublimation printing which is part of our framing department
- booking on parcels with the delivery providers
- experience or keen interest in working with your hands
- high attention to detail and quality
- organised and comfortable with regular deadlines
- good numeracy and literacy
- flexible and willing to help out with the various other things going on in our workshop!
We are a small friendly team based in Moulton Park, Northampton. We have an experienced framer who needs some support as we grow. We ship out a variety of products every day and our book subscriptions every month. We also print, frame and fulfil orders for other artists and designers and sell frames directly to the same market.
We have a robust covid-19 health and safety policy and space to be much more than 2 metres away from each other 90% of the time.
Please email our director Louise on email@example.com with a CV and some info about how you fit our person spec. Among other things we'd particularly like to hear about your experience of working with your hands and making things, whether that is in a job, education or as a hobby.
Any questions please ask!