Happy Birthday, William Shakespeare!
Shakespeare’s exact birth date is unknown, however we know that he was baptised on 26th April 1564. Baptisms would most often take place a few days after a child was born, and historians therefore celebrate his birthday on 23rd April. We thought a blog post sharing a few of his brilliant quotes (of which there are many!) would be a perfect way to celebrate.
1. “This above all: to thine own self be true.” - Hamlet.
2. “If music be the food of love, play on.” - Twelfth Night.
3. “Though she be but little, she is fierce.” - A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
4. “Friendship is constant in all other things.” - Much Ado About Nothing.
5. “I like this place and willingly could waste my time in it.” - As You Like It.
6. “And he that hath no beard is less than a man.” - Much Ado About Nothing.
7. “And now let’s go hand in hand, not one before another.” - The Comedy of Errors.
8. “All the world’s a stage, and all the men and women merely players.” - As You Like It.
9. “We are such stuff as dreams are made on , and our little life is rounded with a sleep.” - The Tempest.
10. “With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come.” - The Merchant of Venice.